Title: Associate Director, Facilities
Employment Status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: Director, Facilities/Chief Talent and Administrative Officer
Date Revised: March, 2021
Summary of Position:
Meridian is seeking a highly motivated and organized Deputy Facilities Director to join our Facilities team. Reporting to the Director of Facilities, this position provides a wide range of administrative functions including record keeping, materials and services order and invoice processing, interdepartmental communications, and staff interactions to ensure efficient management of the Facilities office. This position also works on tasks and projects as assigned and maintains the confidentiality of all institutional and personnel matters that are part of the work of the Facilities office. The successful candidate must be resourceful, able to work independently and adjust easily to changing priorities. Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal in a diverse, inclusive environement, and time management skills required. The capacity to define problems and look beyond the obvious to find effective solutions is expected. Work requires an exquisite attention to detail. This position is located in Washington D.C.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate staffing for routine work requests, housekeeping, event setups and takedowns, and routine repairs.
- Ensure that all buildings, mechanical equipment, and grounds are maintained for daily use by staff and visitors, as well as to the standards required by the National Register of Historic Places
- · Ensure that all safety codes and inspections related to mechanical equipment, safety equipment, safety standards, fire notification systems, fire suppression systems, and emergency notification systems are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- · Assist in the development, administration, and monitoring of annual operating budgets for utilities, preventive maintenance, repairs, supplies, and equipment procurement.
- Assist in the scheduling and implementation of capital improvements and ongoing repairs in keeping with budget, procure appropriately, plan and implement timelines to minimize impact on Meridian events.
- Assist in the development and establishment of policies and procedures to ensure safe and efficient operations and maintain compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Assist in the development of staffing plans and budgets that ensures adequate support for Meridian’s mission and events, and provides a learning, coaching and inclusive environment.
- Develop and implement systems to maintain equipment inventories, compliance activities, maintenance records, and budget documentation.
- Work closely and collaboratively with events staff; anticipate needs and handle while maintaining appropriate decorum and high level of customer satisfaction.
- · Responsible for completing all organizational administrative responsibilities in a timely manner and meeting all organizational administrative deadlines.
- · Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in architecture, engineering or related field.
- Formal training in a building craft is highly desirable.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience overseeing maintenance and operations, preferably in an historic environment.
Proficiency in the following software programs is necessary for this role:
- · Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- · Internet Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge)
- · Experience in using Maximo or similar work control system.
- · Experience in project controls and contract administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior attention to detail with dedication to providing the best service possible.
- Knowledge of building systems, including HVAC, audio visual, plumbing, electrical, interior finishes and structural, to include antiquated boiler systems.
- Ability to coordinate the work of numerous skilled and unskilled trades and craftsmen simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully schedule and expedite repair and maintenance projects while minimizing impact on Meridian’s day-to-day activities.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, along with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Superior organizational and management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex, on-going and ever-changing tasks and projects.
- · Ability to manage and lead a team in a variety of maintenance and event related activities.
- · Strong inter-cultural communication skills; maturity, cultural sensitivity, and tact suitable for working with individuals from around the world.
- · Ability to lift and move up to 45 pounds of boxes and equipment for various event needs.
- · Willingness to work a varied work schedule and wear uniforms as needed to support Meridian’s schedule.
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment.
Meridian is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, family responsibilities, marital, veteran or military status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply HERE. Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.