Job Title: Visitor Services Intern
Location: Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park
Employment Type: Part-Time/Temporary
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Museum Manager, the Visitor Services Intern will be responsible for researching innovative ways of engaging with the community, developing a new tour of the exhibition, and assisting at the visitor welcome desk for the Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park. At the conclusion of the internship, the Intern will produce two final products including: (1) a new tour of the museum’s exhibit Our Changing Waterfront, and (2) a comprehensive community engagement plan. To achieve these final products, the intern will present up to three research proposals for new interpretive tours as well as a project plan for community engagement for consideration by the Assistant Museum Manager. The Intern will deliver their new tour for the public and museum staff. The ideal candidate will have experience in administrative support, exhibitions, and communication with the public.
Candidate must be available for a minimum 30 hours per week for 8 weeks. Preference is given to candidates willing to work most of their hours in-person and on-site. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, a portion of this internship may be fulfilled virtually. Remote work can be supported if a student possesses appropriate computer equipment, software, and internet connection. Alternatively, equipment may be used if needed in person at the office. We will provide an in-person workspace following COVID guidelines and office/staff policies.
Below identifies the essential responsibilities of the position, but they are not exclusive:
- Research and present up to three interpretive tours, within the parameters provided by AMM staff, of the exhibition Our Changing Waterfront.
- Upon selection of final tour topic, write, build, and launch new interpretive tour. Lead new tour for AMM staff and the public.
- Develop volunteer training materials specific to the newly developed tour.
- Present up to three community engagement proposals for consideration by the Assistant Museum Manager.
- Assist Staff in managing the museum’s visitor welcome desk by answering visitor questions about the museum, events, and Museum mission.
- Create documents such as a volunteer handbook, wayfinding guides, and promotional materials.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Job Role: Visitor Services, Curators, and Education; Historians
How many to hire: 1
Approximate Salary: Unpaid
Job Location: 723 Second Street Annapolis, MD 21403
Required Documents: Resume and Writing Sample
School years: Open to all
Please email email@example.com with your application.