Old Independence Regional Museum
Up to 30 hours/week, some nights and weekends required
Closing Date: January 15, 2022
Qualified applicants should email resume to email@example.com with subject line Director Position
Part-time director serves as a paid staff member at Old Independence Regional Museum. Position requires administrative, historical, communication, and financial skills. It also requires strong abilities to work with volunteers, staff members, and board members.
Flexibility, ability to prioritize, willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends is required.
- Write grants for programming projects and capital projects
- Oversee day to day operations of the museum - Provide vision and leadership for expansion of the museum
- Supervise paid staff and make evaluations and recommendations to the board - Manage public relations and marketing
- Ensure that organization employs best practices in current historical methods
- Ensure that institution operates in conformance with professional museum practices and legal standards
- Maintain effective, cordial relationships with board of trustees
- Work effectively with donors and other museum supporters
-Institute and maintain collaborative relationships with related disciplines such as folklore, anthropology, regional and museum studies
- Demonstrate knowledge of archival management methods and programs - Provide oversight of curatorial activities
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other museums and interpretive sites
QUALIFICATIONS: - Graduate degree in history, business, or related discipline OR 3+ years' experience in similar position.
Excellent writing skills - Effective interpersonal and public speaking skills - Basic word processing skills - Flexibility - Outgoing - Social