Compensation: $18-20/hour, comprehensive benefits package
Job Type: Full Time 40hrs/wk (some weekend time)
The Public Programs & Volunteer Manager will work closely with the team of staff in the Visitor Experience & Learning department for onsite and digital programs at Lake Champlain Maritime Museum. Their primary focus will be initiating and executing public programs for visitors as well as special events at the Museum on a wide range of topics, including history, archaeology, ecology, and diversity & equity topics as they connect to the people and landscape of Lake Champlain. The ideal candidate will have experience in coordinating both large and small-scale events for a wide range of audiences and have strong organizational and communication skills.
In addition to programming at the Museum, this position will also supervise and support the vibrant community of volunteers at the Museum. Volunteers are a vital part of the Museum and are involved in interpreting for visitors, restoration in the boat shop, collections and administrative support, and much more. The Public Programs & Volunteer Manager will oversee scheduling and communicating with volunteers on a regular basis as well as growing the volunteer pool to meet the needs of the Museum. As part of working with the Visitor Experience & Learning team, this position will also help to support the educational programs on as needed basis, including field trips and school programs.
At Lake Champlain Maritime Museum, we are committed to using our skills as historians to help make systemic change in our work and in the museum field. As part of this, we have spent the past two years working to remove barriers to access and pursuing new research projects that shine a light on untold stories of women and people of color in the Champlain Valley. Yet, we recognize that there is more work to do to create space, challenge bias, and dismantle systems that reinforce inequality. We believe this position will play a critical role in connecting these topics to members of our community through programming and volunteering. We are committed to improving our experience with the Museum for all peoples who connect with us and are looking for a candidate who is excited to join us in this important work.
- Experience in developing, organizing, and coordinating events for the public, both in-person and digitally.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, particularly when working with large groups of people.
- Experience or strong interest in working with museums or non-profits.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, including strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative team skills.
- An interest and commitment to DEI/representative work in museums.
- A commitment to collaboration and an enthusiasm for Lake Champlain, its history, and its future
- Developing, organizing, and implementing public programs both onsite at the Museum and digitally, collaborating with other Visitor Experience staff.
- Creating opportunities and connections through programs and volunteering to center issues of diversity, equity, inclusivity, accessibility, and justice.
- Supervising and supporting the volunteer community at the Museum, including regular correspondence and facilitating school and corporate volunteer groups.
- Scheduling volunteer interpreters during the summer season and developing training materials, including written materials and talks.
- Supporting opening and closing procedures of the Museum and collaborating with admissions staff, Visitor Experience staff, and onsite interpreters and volunteers.
- Supporting education staff with onsite programs such as school programs and field trips as needed.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Public Programs & Volunteer Manager.” Applications will close on June 30, 2022