Annual Fund and Membership Manager
Maryland Center for History and Culture
The Maryland Center for History and Culture (MCHC) seeks a dynamic team member to join our Advancement Department as the Annual Fund and Membership Manager. Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, this position is responsible for all primary functions related to raising funds for the Annual Fund, and retaining and growing our membership program. This position is responsible for cultivating and soliciting annual fund gifts under $25,000, including creating the annual fundraising calendar, solicitation strategies, and stewardship tactics. The Annual Fund and Membership Manager also cultivates a membership of about 3,000 individuals and families, constantly stewarding current members through communication and events, acquiring new members, and evaluating our membership offerings.
This position is a key member of a small, highly functioning department. A successful candidate will work well independently and as a part of a collaborative team. Additionally, a successful candidate will be highly organized, creative, flexible, and passionate about history and engaging with donors and members in meaningful ways.
Duties and Responsibilities
· In collaboration with the VP of Advancement, create and own revenue goals and comprehensive touchpoint and solicitation calendars to execute the annual fund and membership plans;
· Manage all aspects of retaining, acquiring/reacquiring, upgrading, cultivating, and stewarding donors and members;
· Utilizing our CRM system and in partnership with the Advancement Operations Manager, analyze annual fund and membership data to measure success and identify areas of growth;
· Write and coordinate the dissemination of monthly renewals, lapsed communications, and dropped mailings, while employing the automations of our CRM system and making our internal processes more efficient;
· Identify and solicit current, LYBUNT, and SYBUNT donors via appeal writing, phone calls, zoom calls, and in-person meetings;
· Collaborate with Programming Department to plan and implement Member and Donor cultivation and appreciation events;
· Plan, manage, and implement all areas of the Maryland Day of Giving fundraiser, as well as other Annual Fund solicitations, appeals, and thank-a-thons;
- · Serve as primary contact for all MCHC joint membership programs and general membership inquires;
- · Act as the primary MCHC staff contact onsite for all annual fund and member events;
- · Collaborate with other departments as necessary to create digital and print marketing materials, social media posts, donor/financial reports, and all other electronic outreach regarding Membership and Annual Fund appeals;
- · Other duties as may be required.
- · Bachelor’s Degree with at least two years of relevant philanthropy experience.
- · Proven experience in database entry, analysis, reporting and project management.
- · Preferred proficiency in Salesforce.
- · Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- · Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, with a professional and empathetic approach.
- · Proven track record managing an annual campaign and/or membership program.
- · A strong sense of fundraising ethics and practices, and respect for confidentiality of donor information.
- · Ability to prioritize appropriately when facing multiple responsibilities and tasks.
- · Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
About the Position
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits with occasional evening and weekend hours. The salary range is $50,000-55,000 annually. The final salary will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume with contacts of three professional supervisory references to email@example.com. Subject line: Annual Fund and Membership Manager. Incomplete applications may not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Maryland Center for History and Culture is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to educate people of all ages about the American experience through the rich history of Maryland using their collections and to preserve important objects and archival materials from prehistoric Maryland to the present day. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.
The Maryland Center for History and Culture collects, preserves, and interprets the history, art, and culture of Maryland. By exploring multiple perspectives and sharing national stories through the lens of Maryland, MCHC inspires critical thinking, creativity, and community. Learn more at mdhistory.org.