EDITOR - The National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors, Inc., an educational charitable nonprofit organization in Columbia, PA, seeks an individual for Editor with the skills, talent, and aptitude in the following areas:
- Oversee the editorial content for two bimonthly publications: Watch & Clock Bulletin, a peer-reviewed journal, and Mart & Highlights, a buy/sell supplement with advertising and Association business.
- Coordinate with the editor of WatchNews, an online watch publication, in editing and writing industry-related content
- Manage the editorial process for special publications and work with NAWCC Departments in editing marketing materials, other literature and exhibits.
The editor is responsible for planning the features and articles for each issue, editing volunteer-written content, coordinating with peer reviewers, and overseeing the layout of the issue. The editor ensures adherence to quality standards regarding appearance and content.
The editor is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Publications Department and working with its staff.
The editor is responsible for contributing ideas and executing ones that complement the Association’s mission to preserve and promote horology.
The successful candidate must have experience:
- Working with writers in developing and editing their submissions
- Overseeing the layout of a publication in InDesign
- Managing a small staff
- Using Chicago Manual of Style.
The ideal candidate is a flexible, self-motivated, team player and leader with superb time management skills. He/she will have superior writing and editing skills; a willingness to gain deep knowledge of the field of horology; and a willingness to take on the unique challenges of the organization’s publications.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Liberal Arts preferred.
For position description see below. EOE. Submit letter of interest and resume to Executive Director Steve Humphrey at firstname.lastname@example.org