The Wharton Esherick Museum (Malvern, PA) is currently seeking a Weekend Visitor Experience Coordinator to oversee our Visitor Center and be the public face of our tour program on Saturdays and Sundays. The Visitor Center is inside an iconic Wharton Esherick building which includes a small gift shop and exhibition space. Please note that this is a 10 month position from March to December – the Museum is closed to the public in January and February.
Wharton Esherick Museum’s mission is to preserve, maintain and exhibit the artistic creations of Wharton Esherick so that the public may gain enjoyment, education and inspiration from Esherick’s life and work. Wharton Esherick (1887-1970) was a sculptor who worked primarily in wood, extending his unique forms to furniture, furnishings, interiors and buildings to creating sculptural environments. His motto, “if it isn’t fun, it isn’t worth doing,” is evident in the joyful expression of his work. For more information see our website at: www.whartonesherickmuseum.org
• Provide excellent, proactive and friendly customer service to Museum visitors
• Greet visitors and orient them to the Museum and the visitor experience
• Process admissions, and membership and store transactions through a POS system
• Provide support in booking Museum tours, including answering phone calls and email correspondence
• Help with basic set up and staff coverage for occasional special events
• Lead hour-long tours of the Museum (training provided)
• Assist with store management including inventory tracking
• Assist with data entry and special projects including some administrative and collections management tasks
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• High level of professionalism
• Prior experience with cash handling and POS systems
• Prior museum experience a plus
Hours: Saturday 9:30 am-5:00 pm; Sunday 10:00 am-5:00 pm; occasional additional weekday and weekend hours for special events. Some flexibility for occasional shift coverage. In your cover letter, please describe your availability and how this job fits within the framework of your other work or school-related commitments.
Pay: $11/hour. The Wharton Esherick Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Julie Siglin, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Please submit by March 9, 2018, review of applications will begin immediately.
Education Level: High school diploma