Hiring Range: $10.20/hour
(29 hours/week, 1500 hours/year)
Job Type: Hourly Wage/PT
Job Description: Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation (JYF) is looking for qualified Group Educators (Museum Program Assistants) to present accurate and interactive structured education tours and programs in support of educational mission of the Foundation.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct guided tours at Jamestown Settlement and The American Revolution Museum at Yorktown for student and adult audiences, incorporating accurate 17th/18th c. history.
- Use approved inquiry teaching methods and questioning strategies to enhance student/visitor learning.
- Conduct structured hands-on education programs and demonstrations once trained.
– Conduct visitor surveys and assist with Visitor Research projects as assigned.
- Work effectively to provide high quality customer service.
Minimum availability requirement is three weekdays per week and two weekend days per month. Two required days of weekly availability: Thursday and Friday.
Minimum Qualifications: Successful candidates do not have to have formal teaching experience, but need experience working with children in a volunteer or paid capacity, excellent communication skills, proven ability to quickly learn and apply new information in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working with the public, and must be able to work outdoors in all reasonable weather conditions.
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications: Some college education preferred.