Delaware Seashore State Park is seeking a creative and motivated person to help research and develop interpretive programs at the Indian River Life-Saving Station Museum.
This position is a year-round position and will consist of 37.5 hours/week, from March through November, and 29.5 hours/week December - February. Start date is negotiable.
Pay rate: $11.25-$12.25/hour for qualified candidates.
This position has a flexible schedule that will include weekdays, evenings, mandatory weekend hours and does not provide benefits such as vacation, sick leave, medical/dental insurance, or overtime pay.
- · Research, develop, schedule, and present interpretive programs involving the Indian River Life-Saving Station Museum and local maritime history
- · Develop promotional materials such as fliers, signs, brochures, and e-newsletters
- · Keep Indian River Life-Saving Station social media outlets active and engaging
- · Help maintain museum collections, exhibits, and assist with site maintenance
- · Continue ongoing archival research on the history of the Life-Saving Service in Delaware
- · Assist with training & scheduling of other educators & volunteers
- · Organize, schedule, and present school group and scout programs
- · Assist with environmental education programs and special events
- · Assist with gift shop and park permit sales on an as-needed basis
- · Bachelor’s degree (or pursuing a degree) in History, Museum Studies, or related field
- · Minimum 1 year experience presenting interpretive programs
- · Must be willing to work weekends and 1-2 nights per week
- · Excellent written and oral communication skills
- · Exceptional organizational skills
- · Excellent customer service skills in a fast-paced environment
- · Must have valid driver’s license with less than 6 points & be in good physical health
- · Experience with Past Perfect or other museum database software
- · NAI Certified Interpretive Guide or teaching experience
- · Current First Aid/CPR certification
- · Experience researching genealogical records
Apply online at: