Corporate Relations Manager
Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia
5070 Parkside Ave, Suite 1404, Philadelphia, PA 19131 | japanphilly.org
Part-time: 20-30 hours per week
Salary Range: $20-$25 per hour, commensurate with experience and schedule
The Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia (JASGP) is a private nonprofit organization that connects Japan and Philadelphia through: operating and preserving Shofuso Japanese House and Garden, which hosts over 30,000 visitors each year; producing the Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival with over 15,000 attendees; presenting a US-Japan Business and Public Policy Series; and providing Japanese arts, business, and cultural programming for all ages.
JASGP seeks a part-time, exempt Corporate Relations Manager to manage its corporate support program through corporate membership and sponsorships. The Corporate Relations Manager is primarily responsible for advancing the corporate support program, including the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate supporters. This position works closely with the Associate Director of Development & Data Analytics, the Associate Director of Special Projects, and the Executive Director. Upon a six month performance review, this position will be evaluated for conversion to full-time nonexempt status.Responsibilities include:
● Managing a portfolio of current corporate supporters to secure annual membership and sponsorship renewals and increased support.
● Developing and managing an annual strategy for the corporate support program with an emphasis on increasing support.
● Tracking and implementing benefit fulfillment, including coordination of benefits with the Marketing Manager in digital and print media.
● Processing payments and ensuring proper receipts and written acknowledgements are made
● Collaborating with staff across the organization to identify sponsorship opportunities, and match them to potential partners.
● Assist in planning and executing business program events.
● Network with corporate supporters at organization events.
● Maintain accurate records in paper files, and electronic files in Google Suite and Altru.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in fundraising, frontline sales, or equivalent combination.
● Corporate fundraising and prospect research experience is strongly preferred.
● Candidate must demonstrate exceptional communication skills.
● Candidate must also demonstrate confidence and experience with direct, face-to-face solicitation of 5070 Parkside Ave, Suite 1404, Philadelphia, PA 19131 | japanphilly.org donors/constituents, as well as a driven, results-oriented approach.
● Other requirements include strong organizational, interpersonal, writing, and time management skills; attention to detail; and the ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
● Experience working with CRM software required, with knowledge of Altru preferred.
Application Deadline and Details
Deadline to apply is November 30, 2018. Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF with your name in the file name. Send your materials to:
Kara Petraglia Associate Director of Development & Data Analytics email@example.com
No phone calls, please.