Remick Country Doctor Museum & Farm, located in the town of Tamworth in the scenic White Mountains Region of New Hampshire, seeks a full-time Museum Program Manager. The successful candidate oversees all educational & foodways programs, working in collaboration with the Curator and Farm Manager, to create a positive visitor experience for all ages.
- Conceptualize, develop, schedule and deliver educational programs for adults, youth, families, school groups, and tourists
- Develop curriculum-based K-12 programs focused on agricultural literacy
- Forge and maintain professional relationships with presenters, local businesses, cultural organizations, and educational institutions
- Supervise part-time educational and foodways staff and/or volunteers
- Assist with special events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- MA/MS preferred in museum education, museum studies, American history, or related field
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in a history museum or historic agricultural site with relevant experience in education/interpretation, public programming, and visitor engagement
- The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, be detail oriented, flexible and energetic, and be able to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
Applications consisting of a cover letter and resume should be directed to:
Program Manager Search
Remick Country Doctor Museum & Farm
58 Cleveland Hill Road
Tamworth, NH 03886
or email Executive Director Cara Sutherland at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Ideal start date for this position is July 1, 2019 but an earlier start may be possible in order to work during a transition period with the retiring Program Manager. A more detail job description can be found at http://www.remickmuseum.org/contact-find-us/employment-opportunities
Remick is an EOE.
Employment type: Full time
Salary range: $34,000-38,000 commensurate with experience