The Open Palace Programmes offer an English, an Irish and a Scottish programme which offer you the chance to:
- Step behind the scenes at some of the most significant palaces and heritage sites in the UK
- Learn from the heritage professionals how to conserve, present and interpret sites and collections
- Take part in hands on activities tackling real challenges alongside the experts
- Immerse yourself in history where it happened
- Handle fascinating historical artefacts and records
- Gain invaluable experience and contacts for your resume
- Benefit from bespoke careers advice
- Visit and stay in some of the most delightful historic parts of England or Scotland
These experiences provide a richness and diversity with which few individual placements or internships can compare.
For further information please visit:
Applications are encouraged from all emergent heritage professionals who are planning or have already begun a career in the heritage sector. Places are offered to candidates who send appropriate applications on a ‘first come,first served’ basis so it is important to apply early.
This year we are delighted to have 5 Bursaries to offer. Details of these bursaries are now available on our website.