The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study;
- Experience in a comparable leadership role in a similarly sized organization, preferably in the field of museum or non-profit management;
- A demonstrated talent for building strong and productive community relationships;
- A practical hands-on, problem-solving attitude, and;
- An interest in colonial, 18th and 19th century history.
This is a full-time position requiring a weekday presence at the Society’s museum with flexible hours to allow attendance at our occasional weekend and evening meetings and events. The salary for this position is $54,000 to $57,000, depending on benefits.