Location: Kimberly Crest House & Gardens, Redlands, CA 92373
Appointment: Administrative, Full-time
Position Availability: May 1, 2020
Salary: Commensurate with Experience $60k - $70k
The Kimberly-Shirk Association (KSA) is recruiting an Executive Director to sustain and heighten the exciting mission of sharing, educating, and inspiring community through the management of the Kimberly Crest House & Gardens located in Redlands, California. This French chateau-style Victorian mansion/museum is a registered California Historical Landmark and is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Executive Director is the chief executive and operating officer, reporting to the Kimberly-Shirk Association Board President. Responsibilities include managing the daily operations of the house and gardens, financial management, fundraising, organizational structure, estate and collections stewardship, staff and volunteer leadership.
The successful candidate will be outgoing and personable having a practical hands-on problem-solving attitude; be able to create productive relationships with trustees, committee members, volunteers, donors, and the general public; be a good communicator, comfortable and skilled in one-on-one, group and public speaking situations; passionate about the potential for growth of Kimberly Crest House & Gardens and the mission of the Kimberly-Shirk Association; able to work independently in initiating and prioritizing tasks; creative in searching for effective approaches to reach board and personal goals.
Essential Job Functions:
· Collaborates with the Development Committee to oversee fundraising, the promotion of the organization and its cause to potential donors.
· Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the house and grounds; conducts the purchasing and contracting activities as needed, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial information to the Financial Committee.
· Oversees Kimberly Crest Events, Inc. ensuring the weddings and events are carried out in a professional and profitable manner.
· Serves as a full-ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees; attending meetings; providing reports, planning and coordinating meetings; monitoring the progress of and supporting the efforts of KSA committees and the Docent Auxiliary in the accomplishment of their objectives.
· Works with the Collections Committee to maintain and preserve all personal property and collections; understands public tour policies and procedures; oversees and approves tour contents; makes recommendations for repairs and maintenance of the collection.
· Responsible for the hands-on oversight of the house, buildings and grounds proper maintenance; enlists the support of committees as well as volunteers in these efforts as needed.
· Works with the Docent Auxiliary leadership in the recruiting, and supervision of the volunteers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree, six (6) years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of schooling and experience with an emphasis on fundraising for non-profit organizations, strong organizational skills, estate and museum collections management helpful.
· Strong business and budget management, good accounting skills with detailed knowledge of financial and accounting functions, contract management, excellent promotional writing and presentation skills.
· The ability to develop, plan and lead a diverse and sustainable fundraising program, to identify, cultivate and steward donors, developing marketing and donor outreach materials.
· Effective leadership skills, volunteer management with a willingness to supervise and work harmoniously with staff, and many volunteers, ability to develop and maintain positive relationships.
· Computer skills including proficiency within the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong initiative to make new and innovative ideas a reality while maintaining cooperation and flexibility, strong event management helpful.
· Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
· Must possess a valid Driver’s License from the California Department of Motor Vehicles with a good driving record and reliable transportation to be able to attend meetings and perform other tasks off grounds.
Please e-mail cover letter, résumé, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, www.Kimberlycrest.org
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT KIMBERLY-SHIRK ASSOCIATION MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER