The Patapsco Heritage Greenway (PHG) is a non-profit 501c3 organization dedicated to preserving, protecting, interpreting, and restoring the environment, history and culture of Maryland’s Patapsco River Valley. The organization is the managing entity of the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area and seeks an experienced, goal-oriented individual to serve as Executive Director. The successful candidate will have proven leadership abilities and strong communication skills, and assist the Board of Directors to develop and implement initiatives, working under the approved Management Plan for the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area.
Fundraising and community outreach are of paramount importance and the selected individual will be expected to cultivate, develop and maintain strong, positive, collaborative community relations among a broad scope of stakeholders including representatives from key advisory organizations, community and corporate partners, government entities, grantors and grantees, and volunteers.
This is a fulltime (40 hours/week), benefitted, salaried position, salary range approximating $50,000-$60,000, which requires some weekend and evening hours and allows for occasional teleworking. The Executive Director reports to the Patapsco Heritage Greenway Board of Directors and immediately to the Board president.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute strategies and mechanisms to implement the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area Management Plan in concert with the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies that include grant opportunities, recruitment and retention of members and corporate sponsors, as well as planning and coordinating special event campaigns.
- Oversee and manage the Maryland Heritage Area Authority (MHAA) grants, including management and marketing grants.
- Oversee and manage the review, evaluation and reporting of MHAA/PHG grant awards to community partners, including the collection of grant applications and performance data for evaluation, strategic review and reporting purposes.
- Oversee implementation of a marketing plan to brand the organization and the Heritage Area. Oversee, coordinate and/or create the promotional efforts and materials that raise awareness of the organization, its activities and the Heritage Area through a variety of communication mediums.
- Maintain regular communication with stakeholders including updates to the organization’s website and social media outlets, and writing media releases.
- Manage the daily operation of the organization, overseeing the preparation and submission of required legal and tax documents, maintenance of official records and documents, and preparing regular reports to the Board.
- Recruit, train and supervise PHG staff, interns and volunteers acting in support of PHG goals and Management Plan.
Five years of experience in a leadership position. Past responsibilities should include a combination of organizational development and experience with fundraising, grant writing, fiscal management, government and community relations, staff supervision and marketing and promotional planning. Knowledge of cultural heritage, historic preservation, environmental sustainability and stewardship, land use, planning, and State and other grants is desired. A familiarity with eastern Howard County and western Baltimore County’s Catonsville area will be considered beneficial.
Interested individuals should email a resume along with a cover letter to Patapsco Heritage Greenway Board member Kathy Younkin at email@example.com
All applications must be emailed by July 28, 2020. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.