This is a permanent, full-time direct hire opportunity.
Are you a leader that embraces the importance of a community’s history? Are you passionate about preserving our heritage and educating future generations on foundational events and ideologies?
For 128 years, Heritage Frederick has collected artifacts, books and research that reveal the complex history and significance of Frederick County, MD and its residents. Heritage Frederick is an award winning organization accredited by the American Association of Museums. This organization is supported by a dedicated and active Board of Directors who bring exemplary standards in historic collections, preservation of our documented past and in educating our communities.
This position will be the recognized face of the organization and will work closely with other stakeholders, donors and community sponsors. As the Executive Director you will oversee the annual budget, provide leadership and management of staff, help design and deliver exceptional programmatic options and manage the implementation and quality of conservation and service endeavors.
Most qualified candidates will have the following:
- · Leadership experience including operations, budgetary, and people management
- · Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- · 5 years’ experience with a historical society, museum, library or other related organization
- · Strong communication skills including public speaking and networking
- · Experience in resource development and community partnerships
- · Knowledge and understanding of historical preservation and conservation efforts
- · Expertise with social media and web-based tools
- · Proficiency with MS Office and G-Suite
Heritage Frederick offers:
- · Annual starting salary of $65 -75K
- · Competitive benefits, health insurance, retirement, PTO
- · Flexible schedule
Please send your résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com and put “Heritage Frederick ED” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: December 4, 2020
*Please, no calls or emails to the local office!