The director will promote and market the legacy of Laura Ingalls Wilder, manage the business, hire and supervise staff, oversee facilities, give guided tours, preserve artifacts, create programs and exhibits, and conduct non-profit fundraising.
Visit our website for a detailed list of job responsibilities: https://discoverlaura.org/employment
• Education: Minimum high school diploma/ GED equivalent
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. This includes the ability to connect with people from diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds and inspire others about Laura’s legacy. Must be willing to give guided tours of Society’s historic buildings.
• Experience managing staff of all ages and work in a face-paced environment.
• Strong planning, strategy, financial, and budgeting skills.
• Knowledge of preserving historic buildings and artifacts is a plus
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The salary range for this position is $35,000 - $40,000.
Full time employees are given one week of vacation during the first 5 years of employment and two weeks of vacation after 6 years of employment. Also, full time employees are given Christmas thru New Years as additional paid vacation time.
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Director Application”. Send application in one pdf file.
• Cover Letter
• Three (3) professional references
Application Deadline is February 15, 2021
No Phone Calls