Job Type: Part-Time with weekend availability, $15-$17 an hour.
The Warren County History Museum is hiring a new Rental & Events Manager.
This person is responsible for managing all event hall bookings, as well as annual and monthly events and programming. The ideal candidate is someone who is willing to bring lots of new ideas to our growing museum, while working independently, as well as with committees and volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities Job duties for this position include and are not limited to the following:
- Manage all rental bookings and contracts for event hall
- Create and edit rental contracts for clients
- Market and advertise our event hall to the community
- Create monthly events to bring new audiences and demographics into the museum
- Set-up and clean up of the event hall prior to, and after event rentals including tables and chairs
- Plan and execute the annual Great Nicola Magic Festival
- Work with the Pattee Executive Director on programming and community outreach
- Attend board meetings the first Wednesday of every month
- Lead various planning committees to delegate and break up event tasks
- Market and advertise all museum events on social media Keep museum website up to date with upcoming events
- Track event expenses and income to accurately measure fundraising success
- Manage individual event budgets to stay within annual museum operating budget
- Participate in radio interviews to promote the museum as well as upcoming events
- Recruit and work with museum volunteers to help with events
- Legally allowed to work in the United States
- High school diploma
- At least 1 year of experience in customer service
- Previous experience planning events (preferred but not required)
- Proficiency in Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, etc. with the ability to easily adapt to changing technology
- Demonstrate superior attention to detail, high energy, and a positive attitude
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with various committees or groups of people
- Passion for the growth of the museum
- Ability to juggle multiple moving parts all at once
- Familiarity with Canva, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok to promote museum events and happenings About Warren County History Museum
- Must live in the general area of Warren County, Illinois, or be willing to relocate to the area.
The mission of this corporation is to collect, preserve, educate, and display historical items, structures, monuments, and landmarks related to Warren County, Illinois. The museum exists to enrich the public understanding of developments that took place in Warren County. We are here to provide a resource to the public of educational and instructional value. Our goal is to enhance community learning in a family-oriented way and to be an economic benefit to Warren County, Illinois. The Warren County Historical Society was founded as a non-profit in 1968 and opened its museum in 1970 in the old Roseville High School. After 38 years in Roseville, the museum moved to its current location in Monmouth in 2009. Over the years, we have collected and preserved items that represent the history of our county and those who have lived here. The tradition of preservation and exhibition continues today as we work to serve and document our history and share this knowledge with the public. Thanks to funding from the Pattee Foundation, the museum was able to hire a full-time director in 2016 in order to better serve our community. We continue to grow and expand-- always following our mission of preservation and education in order to safeguard our history for the future.
Please send resumes to email@example.com