The Chadds Ford Historical Society
Organizational Vision & Mission
Our Vision is to serve as the gateway between Chadds Ford’s past and present. Through preservation, education and events, we will bring Chadds Ford to life in a way that promotes our unique history, protects our natural beauty and embraces our community into the future. Through the support and generosity of our members, visitors and the community at large, we will deliver our vision by: Preserving and broadening access to our properties and resources; Interpreting, recording and cataloging Chadds Ford’s unique history; Educating residents and visitors alike about Chadds Ford’s past and present; Hosting community gatherings that promote and celebrate the spirit, beauty and history of Chadds Ford; Collaborating with local organizations to prepare Chadds Ford for the future.
The Society operates three historic house museums, a visitor center and a museum store. In addition, the Society offers exciting special events, programs and tours. Our employees enjoy a casual, professional atmosphere where their contributions are highly valued and have a direct impact on the mission of the organization.
Executive Director – Full-time, Salaried, Exempt $45,000/year
We are currently seeking an Executive Director to oversee the operations of the Chadds Ford Historical Society.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 9 a.m - 5 p.m. (some flexibility required with occasional evenings & Sundays for special events)
Reports to: President of the Board of Directors
Oversee CFHS Operations
· Hands-on leadership ensuring the success of CFHS events, programs and finances
· Manage staff including hiring and annual reviews
· Manage office consultants and contractors
· Submit payroll
· Perform office tasks such as mail, bank deposits and office supplies
· Ensure an effective filing system is maintained and records kept
· Respond to problems that arise.
Manage Annual Budget
· Work with Finance Committee to develop annual budget
· Manage business to ensure budgeted revenue is attained or exceeded while costs are controlled to budgeted amounts or less.
Oversee Properties Management
· Work with Properties Manager to ensure maintenance of properties
· Maintain property and liability insurance.
Perform revenue generating tasks
· Apply for and obtain Operating Grants
· Work with Properties Manager on submission of Capital Grants
· Obtain sponsors – both new and recurring sources
· Ensure Events meet revenue/cost goals by working directly with Event Chairpersons
· Head the Annual Appeal process in mid-November
· Design and implement new programs to generate revenue.
Ensure Donor/Sponsor Tracking and Recognition
· Keep track of donor and sponsor gifts
· Send acknowledgement/thank-you letters in a timely manner.
Marketing – Perform below tasks or assign volunteer help
· Manage Constant Contact Email System – maintain email lists, design and submit emails for distribution
· Manage Facebook pages announcing events along with general interest postings
· Write Press Releases and submit to media
· Create Brochures, Rack Cards, Banners and Postcards
· Design and implement new marketing programs and techniques
Oversee Membership Program – perform tasks or assign volunteer help
· Obtain new members; ensure data entered into Giftworks and Constant Contact and membership information mailed to member
· Send membership renewal letters 60 days before expiration; enter renewal data
Perform general computer related support
· Maintain websites
· Create spreadsheets, both internal and shared, as needed
· Create program/event online payment options using Eventbrite or Paypal
· Create annual Sponsor Brochure
· Learn and implement new technology as needed
Report to Board of Directors
· Work with the Board of Directors
· Participate in Board of Directors Committee meetings
· Present Executive Director’s report at Board meetings
Interact with local community to build interest in and support for the society
Conduct historic research (as needed)
Complete other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
· A minimum of 5-7 years of management experience, preferably in a non-profit organization; a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or a related field
· Excellent management skills with the ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously
· Self-starter with strong problem solving skills
· Ability to focus on revenue generating tasks
· Strong customer service and relationship management skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to lead projects and personnel.
· Ability to develop and manage budgets
· Ability to work in a small, dynamic team environment
· Excellent computer skills; willingness to learn new software as needed
· Willingness and ability to work extended hours, nights, and weekends as needed during prime events
How to Apply
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to Phyllis Recca, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chadds Ford Historical Society, PO Box 27, Chadds Ford, PA 19317. Application deadline: November 30, 2018
For more information about Chadds Ford Historical Society please visit our website, www.chaddsfordhistory.org.
The Chadds Ford Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.