The Maryland Center for History and Culture (MCHC) seeks a dynamic team member to join our vibrant Advancement Department as the Advancement Operations Manager. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, this position will be responsible for the oversight and management of all database management and stewardship practices. The Advancement Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring accurate gift entry, actively cleaning and updating data, acknowledging all gift and membership transactions, and has an active role in creating new systems for answering donor inquiries, responding to internal and external requests, and identifying opportunities.
The Advancement Operations Manager works closely with the entire Advancement Department to set contributed revenue goals and track the success of all of Advancement’s goals and priorities. This position will also be responsible for working closely with the Director of Individual Giving to increase the department’s capacity through prospecting, moves management, donor cultivation and appreciation events, and streamlining the department’s operational procedures. MCHC is currently migrating to a new donor database system, and the Advancement Operations Manager will function as the Advancement’s team lead strategist in maximizing the new platform, leveraging data to target and engage new and existing donors and members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Gift Entry, Acknowledgment, and Tracking
· Process all donations, memberships, auction requests, and other contribution-related activities from data entry to acknowledgement;
· Work closely with the Finance Department to ensure accuracy and efficiency of gift processing and reconciliation;
- · Maintain and track all leadership, membership, and special project acknowledgement letters and send out new member packets, gift baskets, and donor prospect packets;
· Track outstanding pledges for Campaign, Annual Fund, and Special Projects and send monthly reminders.
Database Management and Salesforce Implementation
· Manage MCHC’s donor database, Salesforce, by updating records daily, performing global updates; ensure the efficiency of the donor database with bi-monthly deceased constituent and bad address checks, continuously update records with new information such as appeals sent and actions taken for prospecting purposes;
· Ensure the accuracy and efficiency of pulling records for specific mailings and reports;
- · Act as an Administrator for the Salesforce implementation: confirming accuracy of data, performing data imports, identifying issues and troubleshooting, and creating new reports.
· Maintain Advancement office operations including ordering all Advancement-related supplies such as letterhead, envelopes, membership cards, new member packet materials, brochures, etc., placing print orders, etc.;
· Assist in developing plans for special fundraising initiatives and events, and assist with promoting/setting up/breaking down of events;
· Identify stream of new individual giving and small business prospects for Director of Individual Giving, President & CEO, and Annual Giving Manager ;
· Act as the liaison between the Advancement Department and constituents, answer and solve external advancement-related questions and problems;
· Update Advancement Department’s websites , create new donation pages, and track web activity.
Qualifications and Requirements
- · Salesforce experience strongly preferred;
- · Minimum 3 years’ experience in a fundraising or related field within the nonprofit sector;
- · Excellent customer service skills. Comfortable speaking with all levels of staff and donors;
- · Occasional ability to lift up to 50 lbs needed and occasional travel and late nights required;
- · Demonstrated self-starter and problem solver;
- · Analytical and data-oriented with an ability to run and synthesize giving reports and donor information;
- · Proficiency with Excel, Word, Google Sheets, and basic HTML;
- · Ability to prioritize, self-manage, and maintain high productivity;
- · Ability to work independently and as part of a close working team.
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits. The final salary will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Salary is negotiable and dependent upon qualifications - Please submit salary requirements with application. Starting salary is $37,000 annually
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume with contacts of three professional references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Advancement Operations Manager. Incomplete applications may not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Maryland Center for History and Culture is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to educate people of all ages about the American experience through the rich history of Maryland using their collections and to preserve important objects and archival materials from prehistoric Maryland to the present day.
The Maryland Center for History and Culture collects, preserves, and interprets the history, art, and culture of Maryland. By exploring multiple perspectives and sharing national stories through the lens of Maryland, MCHC inspires critical thinking, creativity, and community. Learn more at mdhistory.org.