Purpose of the Job Summary
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Events and Outreach Manager is responsible for supporting and working closely with the leadership team to plan, coordinate, promote and execute a diverse array of on-site and off-site events. Specifically, this position will focus on taking events from idea to execution by coordinating all event details, including staff and volunteer involvement, with the department managers or partner organizations involved, cultivating strategic partnerships through community outreach activities. This position plays a key function in connecting the mission of the Rehoboth Art League to the broader community, building awareness about the benefits of the arts.
About the Rehoboth Art League
Founded in 1938, the Rehoboth Art League plays a prominent role in visual arts and culture in southern Delaware. The League is recognized for a rich, year-round schedule of art exhibitions, a robust annual calendar of educational offerings, and remembered for its arts-driven events held both on our historic campus and off. Our 3.5+ acre campus in Henlopen Acres, which is home to five buildings, welcomes more than 25,000 visitors per year and our membership encompasses more than 1,200 community members. The Director of Development will play an important role in helping reach our goals in coming years.
- · Serve as administrative support and the project manger for RAL events – including scheduling meetings, securing permits, and other duties as assigned to ensure a successful event execution
- · Coordinate all special events with Board, staff, and relevant committees
- · Track the tasks needed to successfully implement an event including: listing tasks and deadlines, working with vendors and partner organizations, confirming accountabilities, providing follow up and working with volunteer committees to productively solve roadblocks
- · Manage the processes for volunteer recruitment, recognition, and retention
- · Identify volunteer roles for events and recruit and trains volunteers for those roles
Areas of Responsibility:
Fundraising & Event Management
- · Assist Executive Director in mapping annual event strategy, calendar, and associated fundraising
- · Create memorable events that reinforce the mission of the Rehoboth Art League while nurturing new and old relationships with collaborative partners
- · Execute largescale signature fundraising events (currently Rehoboth Beach Arts Festival, Cottage Tour, Outdoor Show, Holiday Craft Fair) with Board, staff, and committee involvement as well as smaller events and ad hoc opportunities developed with community partners
- · Identify event vendors, negotiate contracts, and secure relevant permits and permissions
- · Manage and coordinate all aspects of budgeting, event operations, and post-event follow-up to ensure long-term sustainability
- · Cultivate and strengthen relationships with vendors, guests, volunteers, and community
· Act as a key thought partner in creative new event ideas
· Manage the life cycle of events, including reviewing the performance, recommending improvements, and introducing new ideas or innovations
· Work collaboratively with members, partner organizations, and local businesses to promote Rehoboth Art League events to ensure maximum exposure with local communities.
· Represent the Rehoboth Art League in general community outreach opportunities as needed and requested via community presentations and tabling
- · Work with staff to identify volunteer opportunities within the organization
- · Manage the process for recruiting, development, and nurturing a volunteer network of groups and individuals
- · Identify roles and create internal processes for volunteer recruiting and training
- · Provide a positive volunteer experience in planning and implementing events
- · Maintain volunteer records to track points of engagement, volunteer hours, and other necessary data, and generate reports on this data
- · Lead volunteer recognition programs
Key Performance Measures
- Performance will be measured by evaluating execution of key functions, particularly as related to advancing the goals of the organization.
Skills and Competencies
· 2+ years of experience in outreach, community relations, and/or events in a nonprofit environment
· Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, donors, vendors, and community members
· Skilled in necessary computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite, and versed in email, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
Physical Abilities and Requirements
· Sitting throughout the day, working with a computer
· Repetitive movement on computer keyboard throughout the workday
· This position will be expected to work nights and weekends, when necessary
· Lifting and moving files, boxes, etc. up to 30 pounds.
· This is a fulltime, 40 hour/week position, with offices generally open 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday
· Driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and satisfactory driving record
· Background checks are conducted on employees
This job description includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities as noted above. The essential functions of this job description are not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
Compensation & Benefits
Mid-$40Ks, commensurate with experience. The Events and Outreach Manager will be a salaried, full-time employee of the Rehoboth Art League. Full-time employees are offered paid holidays and leave time as well as participation in a 401(k). Salary and benefits will be competitive with similar regional positions and nonprofit sectors.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use Events and Outreach Manger in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Rehoboth Art League is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, RAL provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, genetic status or information, military or veteran status or any status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Rehoboth Art League is committed to building an inclusive working environment that supports a diverse community of staff and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.